Networking with other companies...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 23, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

How many actually network with other companies and how effective is it? I am friends with a few other lawn care services in my city and we stay in contact with each other often. I was just wondering if any one else networks or "trades off" accounts to fit their needs better.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We do it alot. We have several services and friends that we trade accounts with (locationwise), help each other out on accounts if they (or we get in a bind), work on equipment, and give each other work. It works rather well.

3. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

We do a little, just have to make sure you can trust them.

4. Sybran

Sybran LawnSite Member

we do it all the time here there is a group of about 5-6 companies that all work together.

5. T. Matthews

T. Matthews LawnSite Member

Definitely, I have people that are larger that me and I send them stuff I can't handle and when they have stuff thats too small I get them. It's great for business I think.

6. mole

mole LawnSite Member

always good to network with other people you never know when you might need something in a pinch. like a tow or a mower or just some help on a project. we do it all the time

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't really done it yet, but I am friends with a couple LCO's in my area and we would help each other out no doubt. So far, there haven't been any circumstances where that would happen.

8. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

9. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Definitely. Networking with other companies and people is one of the best things you can do for your business. Always be on the lookout to make new contacts. Whether it is companies offering similar or different services to your own, or two non-competing companies on the opposite sides of town sharing referrals, or bigger companies and smaller companies doing the same, it is usually a win-win situation.

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I network with about 5 other landscapers. GRN_MTN is one of them.

Also network with roofers, home builders, painters, deck builders, driveway sealing companies, electrical, car dealers, etc..

We advertise each other (I have business cards for about 30 companies that I would actually be willing to recommend to someone). Mention to the customer if they ever need anyone you can set them up.