Networking??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How do you guys network to get new accounts? I spend alot of money on advertising and it works pretty well, but I always see these companies that have great accounts and no advertising. I know one tree service soley relies on networking and I have seen him go from 200k gross to 800k gross. How do they do it? How can I network to get some great accounts? How do you ask your customers? Info appreciated!

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Word of mouth is your best advertising. Develop a great reputation in your community and the accounts will come.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I think word of mouth and networking are two different things.

4. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Networking is great. I am a member of the local Chamber of commerce and a leads group that meats on Wednesday mornings. This is networking at it's best there web sit is www.chapelhillleads.com They are not part of any national leads groups. There are national leads groups and I went to a couple of there meetings Be carefully some are good some want to get in to your pocket book.

5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Sure they are different but they can also be the same. How many of your customers are self employeed? Probably only a small percentage. This means that the rest work for another comapny. I am sure that a good percentage of those comapnies need a landscape company to take care of the buildng that they are in. And I'm sure that a small perctentage of those people are also in charge of hiring the landscaper.
    Your customers also have friends who work for companies who hire out for landscaping etc. So in your customers word of mouth can also be networking.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Chamber of commerce and any functions where the top management will be. Community service projects will get your name in the paper and get you in contact with people. Like already said it's word of mouth and another kind of exposure. Being seen in the right places at the right times. Find out what big clients do, where re they on the weekends, maybe you might be able to be at the same places they are. Try linked in. It's an online community. Ain't free but may lead you to other people.

7. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

We are starting an affiliate program for 2005. We get so many calls for other areas that we do not service, we think this is the answer to recovering some of our advertising dollars while helping other LCO's. Take a look at our website under "DFW Lawn Companies". www.justmowit.com.

I think there was another post from another DFW LCO that had already discovered our new program.

Its worth a look, a totally new concept in our industry. :waving: