Never been plowing, but want to, where do I start

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by JML, Jun 29, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I have never plowed before. I got the truck 1998 Chevy 2500 4x4 with plow. Where do I start getting info on pricing and on how to plow. thanks <p>joe

2. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Joe -welcome to the place where people make money from weather that most people hate. I could tell you a whole bunch, but the easiest would be for you to review posts here (&quot;Show Posts &gt;&gt; ALL&quot;) and gleen from all the comments. There is also a professional organization, SIMA, that can be joined and apparently has a wealth of information. I plan to join some day soon...<br>Regards, John

3. firedog

firedog LawnSite Member

try being a sub for someone else to you get the hang of things.<p>----------<br>Rob S.<br>

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I think the plowing rate varries from location to location. My best advice would be to get a few drives and maybe a lot. The just start plowing, you will get the hang of it. Thats what my dad did 50 years ago, 50 years ago there was no lawnsite or SIMA.<p>Geoff

5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Give me a call<br>860-859-0739<br>I will be happy to chat a little about how to get you started.<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

6. Alan

Alan Member

Dino,, you just love to chat, no matter the reason. Hell yer worse than I am!!