Never Buy A PVC fitting again!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, May 23, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a trick I do daily. Heat up the end with a torch, jam a larger pipe in, and WALA- instant coupling
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool...I learned something. Can you cut that belled end off and use it like you would use a regular coupling?

4. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Hold on...I'm relighting my pipe.

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

The longevity of that repair would play a big part in that. Disturbing the integrity of the piping like that can only go downhill as far as quality

There is something called ' Time vs Material' and that my time is more valuable then the cost of the pvc fitting. Even a 4" fitting...

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Puff Puff Pass brotha. :laugh:

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Dumb idea's conclude with the law of unintentional consequenses.

Is that a Hooka? I have one in the truck :p

500x_hookah.jpg

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

What a moron.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like a insane amount of work to not have to buy a $.22 fitting.

I have a funny story about this same thing though.... we lost an bid on a residential install (about a $2mil home) a couple of months back. There wasn't much landscape at all and we came in at about $42K for the irrigation and landscape. We work with the GC who is building the house and usually do all of his installs. The owner of the house wanted to use his "gardner" to do the install.... well.... Juan came in at $19K for the whole deal. I said let him have it, this should be funny! I talked to the GC the other day and he told me that he was watching this clown install the irrigation and he was out there with a heat gun and a torch heating up the 2" sch 40 irrigation main trying to bend it because he didn't want to use fittings!! The GC asked the guy what he was doing and he said "I'm bending the pipe to make it go around this corner". Should be funny when somebody has to fix it after it blows out!!

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

Holy cow.that is soooooo bad it is almost not funny
    Posted via Mobile Device