Never buying from Landscaper supply again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, May 7, 2002.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

The last 3 times I orderd parts from them there has been a problem. The first purchase was the best, but it still wasn't perfect. I orderd a Neary Blade grinder from them and It didn't have the built on Blade balancer like pictured in Book. I didn't complain much. The second order was for Blades which were bent, I figured this could happen and they replaced them. The 3rd order was for belts which 2 of the 3 belts were not what I ordered, So I sent them back. I put the 1 belt on which was a Hevy Duty Deck belt for my DC. and it lasted 2 weeks. Last night I noticed a chuck missing out of it, So I poped it off and it had cracks and chunks missing every 1/2 - 1" and I know it was ready to go on my next lawn. I was lucky I noticed it while I was home in my Garage and was able to put the old one back on without looseing any down time.

I just put an order in at J. Thomas and hope I have better luck with them. I don't have a DC dealer close so I hope to find a place I can order from that can get things right. I just orderd a couple sets of blades, all new belts, New front tires and rear tires for backup, New Stabilizer bars, and an extra Gas Cap. I hope this order has no problems. I'll know in a couple of days.

Just had to vent a little,
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

J. Thomas is excellent!

So far all of my orders have been correct and a good price.
    Three of my four orders arrived in less than 24 hrs.

My only complaint is their web site ordering system. I don't feel that it's secure at all. I'd order a catalog and order over the phone.
  3. Soupy

Phishook, I know what you meen about their web site. I opted for the Phone method too. Do you know how good their shipping charges are? I ordred just over $300 worth of parts to get the free shipping, but next time, I might just want a few small things that won't add up to much. Is it woth it to order small purchases from them. Example being some filters and Trimmer string, or maybe a couple sets of blades.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to order real Dixie parts just go to The web page doesn't have much on it but he stocks tons of Dixie parts and ships the same or next day.
  5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

J thomas is great and I always get my stuff within 24 hours.
  6. Soupy

Thanks for the link Richard. I do make sure certain things are Dixie parts only. When I change my Hydro oil, I make sure to go to my dealer and get the Shaffer oil and the Dixie filters. I will check out your link for the next time I feel I need OEM parts.

7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I just made an order from power supply ( got a gator blade for toro 32 only place i ever found one.
    not even my dealer could get them. it was here in 3 days. It was my first order from them and with service like that they will get more.
  8. digger1

digger1 LawnSite Member

ditto about J. Thomas. fast service and delivery of small or large orders. customer service people very knowledgeable about parts. if cust service rep doesn't know the answer, they get someone there to answer your questions. only wish i had found them years ago.
  9. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

all i can say is that landscaper supply

Is WORTHLESS and terrible providing
    cheap after marktet ****
    with lack of customer serivice
    and knowledge.
  10. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

j-thomas is the only way to friendly service