Never Fails!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Mar 18, 2005.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I leave for Vegas in 12 hours and it's snowing here like crazy. Weatherman said 2-4" well we have all of 4" on the ground now and radar shows no sign of this storm letting up for quite some time. I'll be able to do maybe 6hrs worth of work before I have to leave, and I have about 20 man hours scheduled. I have subs lined up, but I knew this would happen. Havent had a plowable event here in a month maybe more, I plan to take a few days off and we get slammed. :cry: Anyways for those of you who read my post about the hotel not paying me, well it should be fun hearing from him today around 7:00 am cause hes not on my rout till hes paid up. If he calls I'll let him know that I'll send someone if hes got a check ready $1964.00 and remind him that I havent been paid for a snow removal yet and were a few weeks away from spring. payup

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

keep us posted on what goes down with the hotel i would love to hear about it

3. promower

Hotel never called, in addition to the 5.5" we got, another 4" fell on saturday. I assume the hotel manager would have felt pretty stupid calling me to come plow out the lot since he hasnt paid me for a snow removal yet. Other then that my subs finished everything without a complaint so that was good. Bad part was I lost a small fortune ($400) in Vegas, when I could have stayed home and made some $$, oh well it was nice to get away for a while. Guess I'll heading out to file against the hotel, hopefully I will get paid.

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Iv got a good feeling he stiffed two people this year :angry:

5. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

hotel managerd are horrible. I had the same problem and ended up going into the store room and taking a gas powered pressure washer, wheel barrel, shop vac and a 3/4 impact gun. He was only a week late. I worked for a car dealership too, he was about 2 weeks late and I but the push mower down to the lowest and ran it. the clipping were all over the cars and the grass was about 1 inch. My finest work. they called the cops, I played dumb. Buck em.

6. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

one or two weeks late and you will steal and damage property? what a scrub.

7. promower

I'm not going to do anything to give me a bad rep, but I will get my money.

8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Promower, hope you get your $$. This thread reminded me of myself in that since my wife is a teacher, we usually take a vacation during her February break. It is inevitable that we get a snow storm that week, it never fails. Fortunately, my brother and my cousins take care of my route but I still am on edge because I'm not there. My brother likes the $$, so he told me to go away more often :)

9. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

so whats going on now with the hotel?

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am intersted as well what happened