Never Freeze System

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirt Boy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Think b.s.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

a local company had developed something to this effect, but it was quite a bit more than the $60 in cost that this one claims. I saw it work at a trade show, but the idea never took off, and they sold the idea to someone else I believe. I thought it would work well for commercial, and maybe park and municipality systems. Even park restrooms that are not heated but have fulltime plumbing.

I liked the concept. And they still have a couple of the systems in place on systems I maintain now. But I know some others had problems and had freeze damage. but it probably just needed some more changes. real good idea I thought.

4. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

What's the general workings DanaMac?
    Have to agree with ML.... sounds :hammerhead:

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure I should be giving out their secrets. i'll think about it. Probably not an issue, but I don't want to get in trouble.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Into trouble with who? ;)

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The folks who created it. Not sure what rights they have. It could possibly be this link posted above from the new owners. probably not an issue, but just being safe.

8. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I can tell you something about it.

It does actually work.... but it wastes a LOT of water. I dont find it very practical

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.freeze-guard.com/FS2100RP.shtm

Here's a link to the Freeze Sentry system. it works on this - an exterior temp gauge turns off an electric gate valve (or some other type of valve or actuator, not a master though), then it opens the modified testcocks that have solenoids on them, then the controller runs each zone briefly to relieve pressure, and the manifold/mainline has auto drains.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Like that money wouldn't buy a craptastic air compressor from Blowes, and the system gets winterized in the usual way.