Never Heard This One Before...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOOLIE, Nov 9, 2004.

1. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Signed up a guy for a one-time leaf job. He said he usually does it himself, BUT, he's a Muslim, and he got so weak and dehydrated from fasting for Ramadan that he passed out and hit his head, causing a concussion. I guess that's religious devotion.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that goes down in one of the best excuses ever

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

He must not be from Irake. :laugh: (Oh, I know...that was bad.....) :rolleyes:

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

So bad, I'm LMAO. I must be tired :dizzy:

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I don't even see how that could happen!

My mother married a Muslim guy when I was 11 years old. We lived in that household for another 9 years. Even though I am and have always been Christian, while we lived there, I respected his rules and we practiced fasting for Ramadan just like they did. It was more out of courtesy than anything. It wouldn't be very fair for us - in the same household - to be eating and drinking right in front of them while they couldn't. So we went along with it. But the thing is; the fasting isn't all THAT difficult. You just can't eat or drink during daylight hours. So we'd all wake up at 5:00 am and pig out. Then we wouldn't eat or drink until the sun went down. Then we'd pig out and drink like crazy again. At most, we only ever had to go 13 hours without food or drink. You don't get so tired that you pass out after that little time. I never saw anyone come remotely close to that.

Not that I doubt this guy is telling the truth. I just don't understand how he could have gotten that weak and dehydrated. Maybe he does it differently than we did. Weird!

6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

When I was in Bahrain a few years ago I was helping take out the trash. As we come around the corner, here is this guy eating chicken wings out of the dumpster. What a cheat!! I guess he wasn't a devoted muslim. We scared the crap out of him also. :)

7. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

thats funny.

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

perhaps the guy is diabetic and had a blood sugar problem that caused him to black out. it happens all the time.

GEO