Never ignore your barking dog

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eakern & Dog, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

This am.......Gone from the trailer at my home while I was away: a lock,Stihl- weed eater,stick edger,blower, chain saw. They even had the nerve to take the pin and clips from the rack. I still can't figure out how they had room to move since the trailer is squeezed between my fence and another vehicle. At any rate, a roommate was woken up by my dog barking and never investigated why.The motion detector failed.Go figure . Now, I;m just another statistic

Gotta love it :)
  2. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

sorry about your loss. Report it to Police along with serial numbers, you never know it might show up on COPS
  3. Eakern & Dog

Yea, I already filed the report. Let's hope karma catches up with the creeps. I'm pretty sure they were in the biz, hence the taking of the rack pins and clips. I have a slight idea who, but will tread lightly until I find out for sure.
  4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks bro! Been there they got everything i had though and neighbor watched........said that about 2 weeks later of course, Said "I could of swore it was you in that truck". Youll recover bro, and they will get it one day.

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I had a similar occurence. My dog was going nuts, but does this all the time. I ignored her and woke up to two slashed tires.

Hopefully your equip. was insured!
  6. Eakern & Dog

Nope, none of was insured expect my mowers and luckily they were not stolen or I would have just jumped off a bridge since my deductible is kinda of high. I just replaced the stihl trimmer this afternnon and now I'm debating on whether or not to replace the edger with a Kombi ( edger & trimmer)rather than a dedicated piece.I've been wanting to replace my Stihl 45 hedge trimmer for a while now, but unfortunately they did'nt steal it :) The loss of the chain saw hurt the most as it was a supportive gift from my brother when I first started.The SH 85 blower/vac was not critical because I have a newer back pack blower, but the hand held came in real handy with gutters and tight spots.Oh yea, they also took my 2.5gal gas can too. What bastards ! But, as Tony Soprano would say " Whaddya gonna do about it " !
  7. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I was stolen from once - from out in front of my home.
    A Stihl back back blower and two 5 gallon fuel cans - full.
    Reported it to the locals - got the blower back like two months later.
    Dog never barked once, or if she did I couldn't hear it over my ex's bitching.
    Now that I am in the house alone and the ex is soon to be on her way to jail, the neighbors know I investigate literally every noise, squeak, fart, whatever I hear outside of my home.
    Nah, I'm not worried about thieves, I just don't want my ex to turn up again.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

sorry to hear that
    that is one of the reasons i never buy equipment off the streets
    atleast you dont sound distrought so you will bounce back
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sorry about your loss......

My brother in law, had a friend over once. they were playing computer games, his dog was going crazy "inside dog" he keep telling him shut up, shut up, SHUT UP, When the friend got ready t ogo home, he noticed his wheels were missing...... right out in Braod day light, on a busy street,

your dog was warning ya, but you didn't listen..... GO GET HIM A T-BONE STEAK
  10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

That reaally sucks my man, we just got took for lot more last week. Im sure ill never see any of that again!! No dog just some security gates and cameras thta were not hooked up!! Im gonna invest in some real nast pit bulls for my next shop tthis way when they start to break in they will either stop or lose there fing ass!! Im talking some serious attack doggs trained to only eat when i feed them!! to hell with all the thieves out there.:weightlifter: