Never owned a Ford

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Doc Pete, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Guy's,
    I'm picking up my new Ford F250 Superduty work truck. I went for the V8 with 4 speed auto, 4X4, with posi rear and tow package. My question is, since I've never had a Ford is there anything special I need to know or do (special to Ford) to keep it in top shape. Also, I bought a brand new drawtite brake controller, and I'm assuming the hookup (with the factory tow package) should be straight forward.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Pete

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Is this a gasser? Reguardless get ready for new found power.:)

3. Doc Pete

Yes, it's gas.... couldn't stand the "Rap, rap, rap" :p

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Pete

Hook up with the drawtite is pretty simple. Good luck with your new rig. BTW, how come no PSD???

5. Doc Pete

I took the new 6.0D for a ride..... Sorry, couldn't stand the noise. No wonder you guy's never listen to me... You can't hear:D
    Also, for that matter, I'm only 1/2 mile to work and come home for lunch, and do a ton of stop and starts on my small lawns. I didn't want to spend much time warming it up. And, after 9 years, I've still only got 58,000 on my old truck, and that was a lot of driving:p Now get out there and sell my old truck... Someone will get a nice backup truck........
    Pete

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

My brother's wife has a 99 and its alot loader then his and mines 2002, I heard the new 6.0 was supposed to be quieter than our 7.3's

7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

If you dont wear your seatbelt from lawn to lawn the dinging can be annoying. Otherwise its a great truck, our next one will be a flatbed.

8. Doc Pete

I'm sure it's just me. Coming from the old school, it sounds like a mean con rod knock. AND.... it's just annoying:p Oh, and did I say the "wife" didn't like it??? Need I say more??:D

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, c'mon now we know the truth. You wanted it but the wife said NO! ...Yep, the truth comes out. :p

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Enjoy your new truck :) I have been debating the gasser-oil squisher thing for 2 years and still haven't bought either one :eek: I could go get into a new Supercab 4wd F250 or 350 XL with the V8 or V10 for about $24k, but I have held out for the diesel and everytime I calculate it, it's going to be $6-7000 more :( And then I decide if I'm going to spend that much, I might as well get a Crewcab XLT.