Never seen anything like this before....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jb3NH, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Hi Fellas, discovered this strange die back in one of my customers lawns......

These spots seem to be about 11 and a half inches in length and maybe 3 and a half inches in width?

2. suzook

suzook LawnSite Member

Looks like footprints. Did someone have gly on their shoes?
  3. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Yeah i guess. I couldn't help but laugh when i saw this. Wasn't me though, i just cut grass. Good example why you ought to take off your boots after tromping around in wet herbicide!
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

That's classic. I see one of these cases every year...
  5. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

My first thought was big foot.
  6. greenskeeper79

greenskeeper79 LawnSite Member
    from PA

nothing dies in a straight line....
  7. ksJoe

ksJoe LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a clear case of Alien invasion. Since they're from the other end of the galaxy, our atmosphere is toxic to them. It slowly melts their tissue into a gelatinous goo that kills whatever it touches. Just be glad you weren't in the back yard when they came through. The only effective protection is a tinfoil hat. It also protects you from their ray guns.
  8. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

lol..:laugh: I had no idea about the hat.. going to make one now.:waving:
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

hummm, first frost already?? Some schmuck walked across the green lawn when it was frost covered, before sunrise. I see it a LOT here in the fall. Not yet here, thank god.. Usually the newspaper delivery person, if they walk from house to house, does it. And people dragging out their trash cans early in the AM. Then you get footprints AND wheel tracks.

For what it's worth, Glyphosate wouldn't ever track that badly. I mean, if you soaked the soles of your shoes in concentrate, you may get a few footprints out of it, but nothing as consistant and as many as that.
  10. AmGreen

AmGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was kind of thinking the same thing as jason. I've seen gly track before, but not clear across the yard.