Never seen this kind of advertising before

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MowJob, Mar 25, 2007.

1. MowJob

MowJob LawnSite Member
    from NEOHIO

I ran a class ad in a local paper the last 3 weeks. Its a crowded paper this time of year but it is inexpensive and covers my exact area. It is free and delivered bi-weekly to over 125,000 homes. So this morning I send the boy out to get paper to check my ad. He brings it in , hands it to me. I take it out of the bag and what is the first thing I see.

This 3 x 3 bright yellow, low adhesive sticker stuck right in the middle of the front page. Nice looking sticker from a local medium sized LCO that is on the rise. Also offering free mow (with an annual agreement), guarantee anybody that even touches this paper will see this advertising.

Wish I could scan it, because there is also something else I find very interesting. In all the fliers, cards, brochures, mailings I have seen on here or locally I have never seen this. They have a bar of grass with a picture (just like a two color picture) with a girl in a one piece bathing suit laying on a lounge chair like at the beach, or sunning, you know what I mean. It is not provocative in any way.

Who are they trying to attract here? Is it the woman because they make the at home answers?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

sounds like a post it note.
    been doing post it note advertising on the front of every newspaper for 9 years now.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Jodi, how often do you do this and what does it cost per time? I am contemplating this since I have seen some other service companies do it recently.

4. MowJob

MowJob LawnSite Member
    from NEOHIO

Not really a post it note, a full vinyl sticker, low adhesive. With all the advertising questions here I have never heard you mention it before.

5. 1MajorTom

oh ok, a vinyl sticker, that sounds different. ya, i've mentioned it before, in previous years too, but I will only mention it so much, I hate to keep being redundant.

Sildoc:
    I mentioned pricing in this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=180251&highlight=post+notes

6. 1MajorTom

oh and sildoc, we place our order once in the spring, and do the post it notes in split runs 2 weeks apart. the second batch of post it notes will be coming out this week.

7. MowJob

MowJob LawnSite Member
    from NEOHIO

Is it just like a post it note, that they stick to the front of the paper? Are you the only one that does it there, Or are there others? More then 1 ever on front of paper, or do you schedule your date in advance. Its just something I have never heard of or seen before.

I love the idea Jodi, how many papers? I bet it works great for you. Would love to see an example of yours.

Here I took some pictures.

100_5033.jpg

8. MowJob

MowJob LawnSite Member
    from NEOHIO

Because I can only display 1 pic at a time here is the other.

I just read your other threads, now I feel like the last to know. Oh but those were when I was .....................

100_5034.jpg

9. GSMOSS

GSMOSS LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where to get these made? I too feel like the last to know and it is a wonderful idea.

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

If your local paper offers this, then everything is included in the price.They probably have zones and you pick were you want it.