Never thought I would see this Wreck (pic)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Aug 31, 2002.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

This is a litltle off topic but it did involve a lawn service. This was an accident that I came upon Friday morning on our way to our first account in Dallas.

Someone was careflighted. The rest taken by ambulance. Every prayer helps. Not sure how it happend.

Anyone else had a major accident something like this?

Jason

lawn company wreck.jpg

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Jeez Louise...somebody had a bad day. Feel sorry for them...don't like to see things like that happen.

3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Hope all made it thru O.K.
    Friend of mine went thru a bad accident. Not like that though. Self induced. Parked on the side of I-75 here outside of Tampa after a flat.
    Trailer on the pass. side was almost over the edge of a huge culvert that was covered with grass.John was still sitting in the truck when the trailer went over the edge. Pulled the truck and trailer over. Almost two full rolls.(Really steep embankment) Everything was destroyed. He had just bought two new DC's and some new 2-cycle equip. too. He got a few bruises but was fine.
    Thank god for insurance.

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We had a bad accident like that earlier this year. My driver was driving normally and the car next to him wanted to jump into his lane because a bus was parked (picking up passangers) ahead in her lane. So as soon as she noticed the truck pass her she jumped over behind him to the lane our truck was in. Only problem was she didn't look over her shoulder to see we also had a TRAILER!!!

The trailer snapped off of the ball on the truck instantly and flipped over sideways 360 degrees, bouncing on the ground as it flipped. Fortunately, nobody was seriously hurt. It did cost her insurance company two new commercial mowers, some other equipment, and some MAJOR trailer repair though.

The accident was bad enough that it had both lanes totally closed off for a good half hour. Traffic had to be re-routed.

5. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

With that being right at a light I am willing to bet some body (female)?? ran a red light and hit the other guy.

Recently I had a female with cell phone stuck in her ear run a light at approx 50 MPH and come with in a hair of hitting me. I was loaded with cars, it would not have been nice for her insurance, providing she even had any. I would have made it worth my while too. I would have gotten that truck paid for, and a new one out of the bargain. Along with a new trailer and cargo the $$$$ would have added up in a hurry.