never trust your customers!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Nov 9, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

the gm at a toyato dealership that i do asked me to price a sod install for him . i asked what he wanted done , he told me , i went to his home and priced it . he agreed to the price and i began without a contract . i didnt deem it necesarry because we have a good working relationship at the dealership . so when i finished he said wow that ditchbank looks good you are going to do the other one right and i said " no " it wasnt in the bid you only wanted the little one done . so then we get in a pizzing match and he finally agrees to buy aditional sod to do the other entire ditchbank . so any way now he is happy eventhough he had to spend alot extra and i learned a lesson . never ever do anything without a contract . i think when my wife wants me to do the dishes i will have her sign a contract so that i dont get stuck with doing the laundry also , lol .:p :p

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

:rolleyes: u guys just love getting screwed. NOBODY in thier right mind, extends credit without something in writing.

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I worked as a mechanic at a Honda dealership for almost 10 years, never ever trust the upper management at a dealership they got up to that position by being salesmen not by being good businessmen.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I totally agree.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

at least you still got the work though

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Troy, he may have gotten the job BUT it planted the seed of mis-trust with a customer. Next time he want something the differnce in what he thought he was getting and what the contractor thought he was suppose to do, it might just be enough for him to get another bid.
    No contract - No work