new 06 cub tank m60

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer called today and said he had the new cub m60 with 27 kol, just of the truck and assembled today. Ive got to say , (to previous cub owners) lesco wait till you feel how responsive the new hydrogear pumps are on this machine. Like a hot knife thruogh butter , and fast. WOW. AA++ on the pump location with huge fans to keep them cool. So i did what was best I bought it.
    I have an 03 tank with 1050 trouble free beat on hrs . new belts at 850hrs. I cant wait to pic new one up tommorrow morn. Ill send pics if someone can tell me how.
    Almost bought a kubota ZD 28. Just couldnt do it. Machine looks great but here was my delema .
    1. I did not like the hydro over gear set up. It felt slugish on hills.
    2. cub 7000. kubota 11500. I know (apples to oranges.)
    3. I have owned a cub now for 4yrs and know the machine well.
    4. quality of cut on cub 2nd to none.
    5. cub dealler 10 miles and have known for years.
    6. Kubota dealer 50 miles or more. dont know
    I think the kubota is a good machine, just waing the ods for myself.and sharing thoughts, opinions ect. Going to stay with what is working for me. Just happens to be cheaper in price not quality.

I have some great striping pics made by the cub from years past. If I could figure out the fastest way to show them I would. Shopping for a new mower is frustrating.:hammerhead:

2. Toad

Forgot to say also that the rops on the Kubota would be a big problem for me, to many trees around here. Plus it seem to me when I am on the bota that the operator sets higher rhan most .

3. eddy tice

eddy tice LawnSite Member

hate to tell you this but its a z-two painted yellow,not the other way around and what ever color it is they strip great

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Which came first the Chicken or the Egg?

They're made by the same manufacturer. Paint is just one of the differences.

5. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

You bought a machine based on past experience, and it sounded like you did your homework! Congrats on the new mower! New mowers are awesome!

6. Toad

Please tell me something I dont allready know.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the purchase!

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

good luck with your new mower. We have 2 60"s and a 72" plus 2 WB's

9. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

:dancing: :clapping: :headphones: :cool2:

:rolleyes:

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Z-two is my another choice right off the bat if they had not increased their price to match eXmark and Scag...:headphones:
    It seems like as soon as Z-two is gaining popularity in market, they just jack up price and leave service shops in question. ....and that bothers me all day.
    But really have to say Cub/Lesco Z is one heck of machine, seriously.