new 08 Deere diesel ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atozauctions, Oct 19, 2007.

1. atozauctions

atozauctions LawnSite Member

My Deere dealer mentions that there is going to be updates to the 997 and potentially another diesel model ZTR as well. Anyone know anything about this? They said they won't know much until November but that i should hold off on buying a diesel until the 08s have debut.

2. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i heard they are coming out at the expo in ky

3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

I heard 997 is going to stay the same but that each new production runs gets updates/improvements

First question out of my mouth was 'any diesels in the new '800' series?

no. . .

First one to see let us all know

4. jdlen

jdlen LawnSite Member

So far the word is no big change to the 997, only one in the line staying the same.
    No new front mounts or diesels has been the word. We will know a lot more in the next couple weeks. The unvieling is getting ready to happen in Sarasota. I'm sure there will be a few surprises, always are.

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer says the 997 is staying the exact same except for the addition of some kind of tool box.

6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I heard of no new additions to the diesel or front-mount series machines. Only the 800 series which will have more engine and deck size options for each model. Just what i've been hearing...:rolleyes:

7. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at the new deere mowers really close. The service at my dealer is hands down better than anywhere around. I just am not sure if the mowers are as good of a product as my Toros.