new 08 Ferris is3100z 72" 32hp is here!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Well im happy. After pricing out Gravely machines and diesels, this is what i wanted to most.

I havnt cut with it yet, so i cant comment.

It does drive awesome though. The suspension is adjustible like my 1500z, but its already on its "softest", since im only 170lbs, i cant make it any softer lol.

I thought it wasnt "any faster" than my 10mph machines at half throttle, but i had to adjust the forward lever stops so that it didnt stop at 75% of the way. Once i did that and finally opened er up full throttle, HOLY CRAP! It feels like your going to launch at a drag strip taking off, but only to max out at 12mph lol. The 2mph difference feels like a lot, almost as though your not as in control over the machines that do 10mph.

The parker wheel motors are huge compared to the other machines, everything about it is just bigger in size than my other two Ferris mowers. I cant wait to try this thing out on some of the big properties.

It has the light kit, which i also just got it for my 1500z too since it didnt come with it.

It has the "flap" striping kit, but its not installed. Its only supposed to go onto the 61" deck models but with the tires being as wide as they are, Im going to bolt it in between and it should lay a descent stripe when mowing.

I already have 72" worth of gator blades to put on it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the new chainsaw addition, it was finally time i buy a real one, 71cc, 25" Bar Stihl ms441 with 3/8" rapid chain.
    [​IMG]

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

no pics??? just x's

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

4. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

You really like to tease dont you. No pics!!!!!!!!!

5. Ramairfreak98ss

sorry, webshots seriously is pretty #@$%#^#$% at best. Ive used it for a long time, but any time you copy their link WHILE VIEWING a picture, it doesnt work very long. I can preview my post and see every picture, and a couple hours later, no one is able to see anything :(

6. Ramairfreak98ss

7. Toad

Nice machine bud. I tried to look at all the pics but it kept telling me to stop running the script.
    Anyway, wow 32hp big block! Aut to be quite torquey. Those ferris mowers are made up here in the great state of NY. Shure you knew that allready. Hey, just out of curiosity, how much does that weigh. I see you have the 72'" deck also. Some of my friends run them and love them.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah i knew that :p I actually went to the simplicity plant a few years back in port washington, WI, my uncle lived literally 900ft down the street.

I was a bit skeptical of the 32hp for a 72" deck, since i think my 27hp kohler could use a boost sometimes on the 61" , 5hp cant be much, sure feels it though, at full throttle this sucker cruises.

I think the machine is a little over 1400 + the 72" deck so maybe 1450, or 1500 total when filled with 12gallons of fuel.

That was also a determining factor for the model, the 4500 gas or diesel or 5100 diesel with the cat engine was too damn heavy, 1900-2300lbs.

I dont cut a lot of big commercial stuff so this will be used still 70% on just large residential lots too. I cant have a machine thats twice as heavy as my other zero turns on these lots. Maybe in a couple years, but i want the speed, width and power without loosing the agility in smaller areas, like 1-2 acre wide open lots.

9. Toad

Yeah,there diesiel model is much heavier than the kubota I run at 1800, its the 331 with 72". I know there heavy machines, built tough. I thought that machine you bought looked beefy. I never had a prob. with my mower last year, I just stayed away from the soupy spots and never got stuck. You ll like that 72", the increase in production will blow your mind. Thanks for the info. Good luck this season!

10. Ramairfreak98ss

thanks toad.. yeah the speed difference and extra 6" on each side have to help, I like my 1000z with the 61", my 1500z with the 48" feels like your on the machine and cant see the sides of the decks, same as my new 3100 with a 61". Not saying i wouldnt buy one with a 61" but its a lot of machine for only a 5ft deck.

If they made a 80+ incher cat diesel in the 2k weight range in a few years id look into that !