1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New 08 Tanks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bear's Total Works, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Bear's Total Works

Bear's Total Works LawnSite Member

What do you all think of the new 2008 Tanks and the changes they have made?
  2. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like they have upped the horse power on some of the tanks. I currently run an 06 and it comes with the 23hp kawi. On the 08's it now has a 27hp kohler. Not the 23hp is underpowered but more power is always nice to have.
    They have also changed the name of their deck to the Cut Command Select. I don't know what changes that means though.

I also wouldn't't be surprised if there is a price increase as well.

Hopefully more will chime in here as I was wondering the same things as well. It would be great if ProStreetCamero and Envy will speak up as they seem to be experts on the Cub/Lesco's.
  3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

It appears that the 60" models will get the new 31hp Kawasaki from looking at their website.
  4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Bad Boy gets that engine in March. It's a big block design, but it costs more than the 26hp LC. It should be an excellent engine.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

So does John Deere. In the press release it said it was paired with a 72" deck.
  6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

yeah Bad Boy gets it on their 60s and 72s. They'll have it on mowers from the high 6s to the low 8s depending on if you get a Pup or a Lightning, and of course the cut.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I was going to say it appears that not much has changed.

Just higher end engine options (hp).

But then I read that statement about the "select cut system" deck...

I don't know a thing about that...
    The Command Cut Deck was for sure... "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ...deck if their ever was one. It is the best in my opinion, and the only area it could be made any better would be.... maybe power consumption? But now they have a 31hp Kawi, so their is no point.

It will be interesting to see what they have changed.
    I hope it's not a screw up.
  8. gandk06

Anybody know if these are on the showroom floor yet anywhere? The dealer near me sells farm tractors (the big ones) so they showroom consists of the outdoors. The zero turns don't come out until mid march.
  9. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

The new decks have an adjustable front baffle. They also added those chincy plastic washout ports. Maybee a few other things but this is all I can think of right now.
  10. gandk06

The adjustable front baffle sounds good. The mower I had before my tank was the khs50 cub cadet and it had the stamped deck with hose hook ups. I tried them once. You would have to use them everyday before the grass dries or they are useless. Also, with the current cut command deck I get very little grass build up to begin with. So I would say it is a useless feature on a commercial deck.
    I still want to see it for myself though.

Any word on pricing yet???