NEW 2001 Exmark Lazer on Website

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Nov 6, 2000.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The new 2001 lineup for Exmark is finally on their website: http://www.exmark.com All the new engines and even the diesels. Ultra-Vac and the pistol grip walkbehinds.
    I was wondering when they would have the website play catch-up.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Good deal-I wish I wouldve waited a year now-I like the 27 kawi-i think the 23 A/c is a monster-the 27 must be awesome.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If the adjective you used for the 27 is awesome what will you use for the Daihatsu 31 that they come with now? Forward speed 11 mph, reverse 7 mph. They're catching up to the Flatlander and the S'BURB'N TURB'N (13 mph).

Dixie 1 wrote:

<b><i>I was wondering when they would have the website play catch-up</b></i>

The reason the website is playing catch-up is because they're not really playing catch-up. The new models are not supposed to be available until spring 2001.

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

hmmmmmm

Dear Santa,

Please see the exmark web site and bring me one of each. OK I'm not picky, bring me one of each new Item.....

Nice lineup they have there. I saw that pistol grip in Lousville this year. Can't go wrong with exmark..

Mike
    Greenkeepers

5. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

How is that new Lazer you got? How many hours? Can't wait to get my 27 Kawi in the spring.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I saw the new pistol grips in an ad in Lawn & Landscape. They look comfortable.

7. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

According to the exmark website they have improved the standard seat. This will be an upgrade for me since I have the regular seat on my 3 year old Lazer. Since your previous machine was a Dixie I guess you really can't compare the seats. Still can't see spending $500 extra on a seat.

8. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

good site, is that 23 hp a liquid cooled or do they have an air and one liquid cooled? looks good though, i really like the new walk behinds though.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

jaybee,

I read about that standard seat improvement. However, mine came with the standard plywood based seat that bucked you around like a bullrider. It really jarred me when I hit a bump and the operator presence switch spring compressed and the seat frame came down hard on the 2 rubber bumpers. Maybe that white spring was too stiff for me 175lbs.(yikes) I also felt like I was constantly slipping forward and off the front of the seat cushion. Hopefully the new one works better. My new suspension seat cost me $570.00!!(yikes again) After riding on it, I would have paid $1000.00. Its just that much nicer. The safety switch is imbedded in the cushion, so they tell you to get rid of the white spring switch. The frame now rests on the 2 rubber bumpers all the time.(no bucking) It has 2 coil springs and a shock absorber in it. It is definately built better than my old susp. seat on my JD F935 and just a suspension rebuild kit for that was like $300.00!!

Exmark should just make it standard on all Lazers.

I say, try the new and improved seat, and see how you like it. Then decide.