1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New 2006 27/60 XR7 Super Z (pics)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by imograss, Apr 19, 2006.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

This is my 3rd Super Z. I just picked it up today. The dealer (Franklin Kubota) made me a very nice deal. So far I really like it. The new deck is great, you can see that the XR7 is rounded on the inside of the deck, to move the clipping faster and cleaner. The old style decks are still great after the wider discharge opening and Fusion blades. I will add a striping roller, and a Qwickchute. The old Qwickchute will work but leaves a little undesireable blowout.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Looks GREAT Tim!!!
    Welcome to the family again... and again.....lol...lol....
  3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Man thats clean! Oh, the memories! lol

Keep us up to date on how it performs ok!
  4. imograss

Mowed some extremely tall and wet fescue today, and I am overjoyed at the fact that there is no buildup under the deck. The clipping dispersal is consistant, and doesn't shoot out periodic clumps of mush.
  5. imograss

So far I really am impressed with the deck. We had some rain here (finally) and I cut some over fertilized tall fescue, about 10 days since the last cut. It processed the grass with ease. I never got those soupy clumps that like to come out when you turn, or when you get on pavement, there was no dump when I cut the blades off. The underside remains clean, since there are no corners to catch the grass. I am using my Qwickchute from my previous Super Z, but it will need to be modified to work like I need it to, until the make one for the XR7. It even striped good without the roller (fescue lawns).
  6. volfan615

volfan615 LawnSite Member

I'm talking to the same dealer about a Fastrak for residential use. Looking at the 2052 with Honda engine. But now someone here on the forum is saying I should check out the 42" Mini Z. What do you think? Is Franklin Kubota very negotiable on price?
  7. imograss

Not sure about the negotiation. If there are some leftover 2005's they may work with you. My 2005 Super Z should be there if they haven't sold it. Talk to Ames, tell him Tim Sullivan told you about it. What are you looking to spend? I have no Idea if they will negotiate or not, but he is easy to deal with.
    Good luck.