New 2008 Commercial Lawnboys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 14, 2008.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any experience with the new 2008 Lawnboy commercial units. They just arrived in our dealers here and look pretty good.

Would anyone happen to know their top speed?

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Looked at them for the first time today, and they are almost exactly like a toro personal pace mower. Different wheels was about the only difference i saw, and it looked like a very nice mower.

3. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

If you want the best commercial 21" mower buy an Exmark 21" Metro. I have used it all and these are the best by far.

4. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

1. How do the metro 21" mulch vs the toro 21"
    2. honda or kawasaki engine?
    3. bbc or non-bbc?

5. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

never have mulched with either so i dont know
    either engine will serve you well
    and definately get the blade clutch

6. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

The Metro and the Toro are the same mower except the hand controls. That is why I switched from Toros to Exmarks. The Exmark controls are hands down better in every. If you use them you will see. The Toro just strains your hands too much. I use the Kawasaki model with the blade brake. I would not have it any other way. Buy one and you will not regret it.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This topic was discussed last week:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=219471&highlight=22271

Several folks chimed in with comments (including me), but nobody has yet to post any experience with this machine.

I'm getting close to having to make a decision, and this one is probably the tops on the list. I already have a Toro Proline 21" commercial mower, but it is too heavy. The LB is lighter (120# vs. 95#), and that is important.

Somebody made the comment about being the same as the Toro Personal Pace. I think the ground drive control is much different (e.g. bail vs. push bar). I don't know about the engine. If the Toro PP has the Honda GSV engine, then somebody should be able to provide information about that engine. For me, this item is important, but I've not read any posts about extended use of the GSV engine.