New 2008 GMC 2500

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Picked this one up a few days ago. Its an 08 GMC Sierra 2500 with the 6.0L Gas in it. I allready have the diesel version, so 2 diesels isn't need as i will be doing strictly city driving with this one. Its the work truck package with power window, locks, an aftermarket brake controller. THats about it. Its got 4x4 and a plow prep package and 4.10 gears as well. I took advantage of the employee discounts they had out there. This truck will replace the green truck behind it in one of the pics. The size difference between the two is very noticeable. Overall, the new one is great. It has a little delay when pressing on the gas. It could be the 4.10 gears, or just just different from my 5.7 or the diesel. Either way, great truck. Oh, and yes, it needs bigger rims. I might buy the same ones i have on the red one in the pic. No aftermarket stuff. A bed liner is going in along with the top rail and hooks. Backrack might be put on too.

truck1.jpg

truck2.JPG

truck3.JPG

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'd raise the front up if it where me. Great truck though. Hope you have good luck with it!

3. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks! I won't be touching the front. I hear from people that once you raise the front, it puts more stress on other parts up front. Tires are out of wack, stiffer ride etc. Its staying stock.

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Still a good truck though!

5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I like the color. Did you make out good on it?

6. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks. Yea, i was suppose to buy the truck for 29k a few months ago. Didn't work out, which was a good thing, and bought it for 23k

7. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 2003 6.0. Try a throttle body Spacer, helped the MPG (not a lot, maybe 0.5-1mpg) and improved throttle response. Cost under 200 bux and took 20 minutes to install. Good lookin trucks.

8. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

nice truck our trucks at work are all gas duallys and they have that same lag on the gas pedal which is the worst for towing up hills good luck with it cant wait to see it with a plow

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That doesn't even look like a work truck. The only thing that gives it away is the wheels. You got power windows and locks? You got lucky on that find. I have never seen the chevy wt's with power anything.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing!

Nice truck You must be doing something right to have 2 brand new trucks!!