New 2011 silverado hd

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 02DURAMAX, Feb 11, 2010.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't the underbody coating solve that?, even though i would just have the underbody line-x'd or rhino lined

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Wasn't that a thought the first time GM came out with the c channel hydro formed frame?? Now that toyota, dodge and ford, heck maybe even nissan have boxed GM follows suit?? I don't know much about gauge of steel, boxed vs C channel frame but to what extent can a pickup 1/2 or 3/4 ton model withstand.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

My duramax has 365 hp, 660 # of toruqe and a 6 speed allison. It does everything i expect it to do and then some, it is however a pickup! When i need to do heavy duty hauling i use my medium duty dumptruck! It seems like some people expect too much from these rigs, they are after all, only pickups?

4. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on trim level, they're actually glorified cars with extra capability.

It's true though, most 'HD' work 'pick-ups' are considered to be overloaded on a regular basis.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It is pretty hard to stop water getting into places and rusting it out. The thing that stops rust is grease or oil.

If Chev is using a hydroformed frame its a cheap POS.

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I like every about it except the way it looks. The epa killed diesels. Now its a pain to upgrade them. I hate the exhaust pipe on the Chevy's. I which they sat lower.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

So when are they these trucks coming out? Early summer or hype the truck all season and they come out late fall?

8. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

std cabs and crew's are april/may, ext cabs are gunna be auguest-ish

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

All trucks Will be in dealer Lots by June.

10. duke12

duke12 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Word is that ford is toting 390HP and 735TQ.
    Regardless, I am still a Chevy man.I own a couple D-Max's and am very pleased with them.