New 21" Toro mower pics...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Jun 3, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a few pictures of my new Toro 21" trim mower w/cast aluminum deck, 3 speed gear trans (NOT the "personal pace" homeowner) , and 5.5HP Kawasaki engine. It was an older model, brand new I got it for $549 out the door with bagger. It's built like a tank, has a 10 year warranty on the engine, 5 year on the rest of the mower! It cuts and stripes great, and bags and mulches really well! Dealer told me the only real difference between this mower and the Proline is the wheels. Anyone else have this mower, what do you think?

toro 21" 1.jpg

toro 21" 2.jpg

toro 21" 3.jpg
  2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lookin good Matt.
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I have one of those style mowers the old differance is that it's 15 years old! and still going! I use it as a back up. but with ny honda it looks like it wont be doing much mowing any time soon. GREAT MOWERS!
  4. mkwl

Thanks guys!:usflag:
  5. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I was given one of those mowers last winter. It works great but I do not like the way the self propelled works. Most of the time when I let go of the lever 1/2 way the mower wants to shut off. The cut is great and the mulch is perfect.
  6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Matt,
    I've got the same trim mower except a year or two newer I believe, mine has the 6.5hp engine. Good mowers. They are residential mowers but they take a heck of a beating as mine can attest. There are a couple difference between the Proline and these, the wheels, gas tank (larger on the Proline), and if I remember right the bag may be a touch bigger on the Proline also. Either way, good mowers.

7. mkwl

Anyone else?:weightlifter:
  8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My dad had a toro super recylcer just like that about 15 years ago too. I used to mow with it all the time. Great mower, I think he paid a lot of money for it.

They haven't changed much over the years.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have a couple of those machines and my dads company has a few as well. They take a beating and hold up very well!

You got a great deal on it!
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

10 year engine warranty! damn it must be good!