1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New 297C

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by GMUGNIER, Nov 29, 2007.

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Just got it in last night - This machine is a beast - I upgraded from a 287B and it is a night and day difference - No comparison, and worth every penny - But I have a few questions for those CAT guys out there - Is the ride control available on the MTL or just the wheeled machine? (I thought I got every option - but the book said the ride control was a option as well?) and how does the radio install? I opened the radio ready box in the rear of the cab and i retrieved the radio "kit" and harness and antenna, but how does the radio plug into the speakers? any way as soon as I get some time I will post some pics but - I figured y'all have seen the generic pics anyway. Did anybody get the new 315 mulcher head, or the 160 excavator and try it out yet? I am considering both of these attachments - but at 45K I don't want to be a guinea pig!

Gus Mugnier
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Been told the 315 mulching head is a monster. I was skeptical at first, a couple friends of mine who were partners in biz wanted to pick one up and rent a skid steer as needed for a land clearing business they have. They know very little about equipment, so I volunteered to spearhead some research for them. After talking to a few people, I hear it's a good unit. Somebody makes it for Cat, I can't remember who it is, somebody will chime in I'm sure with the correct answer.
  3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Ride control??? not sure if mine has it.....did you get the amics system controls??? I also have a radio I need to install...let me know how that goes, I like mine also, but there is a update on the undercarriage already, some units have bonding problems with the idlers and bogeys, cat is installing all new on mine as I type:weightlifter:...I'm also having the H patten control downloaded.
  4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Ooof that sounds so weird -- to have a control pattern "downloaded" ... ;)

But yes, ride control is available on both SSLs and MTLs.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

C'mon Tim say CASE pattern, sounds soo much better than "H" pattern. You might even get a couple extra ponies out of her.:cool2:

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Yes I have the AMICS, two speed and dual level suspension - one of the forum guys below said ride control was a option, but my cat dealer said no - only on SSL's - and I think fecon makes the mulcher head for CAT - but I could be mistaken. I think I am going to get the pattern control changer as well. - I am going to call CAT in a few minutes to find out what is involved in installing the radio.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Ride control wasn't an option on my 247B2, but as far as the radio goes, when ever my brother bought a new Cat, there was always a person who came around to install the radio for the customers as part of the deal, mine is getting put in for $602.00 at my cost in favour of the 3rd line being added to the contract.
  8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

WOW....I don't know what I was thinking...your right..CASE pattern...
  9. aliving

aliving LawnSite Member

When we purchased our 272c SSL we got that option on it included in the price, but it has not come in yet at the dealer. Plan to get it installed as soon as it comes in.

My question is when running a mulcher can you run with the ride control or will it override the power to the mulcher. We run a Bradco Magnum mulcher.
  10. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Oh! Interesting. I had thought that ride control was an option, but perhaps I was mistaken.

How do you like the 297C, anyhow?