New 30+ HP Kohlers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I gather from Exmark and Hustler both have 30 HP Kohlers now, or soon will, that they are coming out with a line of 30+ HP engines to compete with the Vanguard Big Blocks? I know Lastec is going to have a 36 HP Kohler on their 72" articulator mower, but it's not released yet. What info does anyone have on them besides what I've already stated? Will there be any of these new engines with EFI? I bet those would sell nice, a 30+ HP EFI Kohler. I did a search and didn't find any info really on them, so I was wondering...
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know any thing about these but I know if kohler is going to put there name on them they will be a good motor, the first few years may have a little kink here or there
  3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I like any kohler twin cylinder engine! big block as long as its not big gulp sayin? fuel is gold these days!
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Why not just put a honda inline 4cyl from a civic and call it a day? LOL, seriously though, I would buy a smaller diesel vs a 36hp KOHLER any day.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, true that. get a little 3 cylinder from a geo or something. but the 36 HP gas will sell for the guys who don't want the weight and extra cost of a diesel, but want that kind of power.