1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

NEW! 30" TurfMaster walk-behind

Discussion in 'Toro' started by The Toro Company, Dec 10, 2012.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

That's heavy for such a small tire, I can see Rutting a big problem as I have that problem now with my Commercial Honda mower that weighs 80 lbs less, does anyone make a small pneumatic tire I wonder that might help with this?
  2. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

When the exmark 30" comes out will there be a difference between that and the turfmaster or is the "commercial timemaster"...the turfmaster the same as the exmark just with a different name on it?
  3. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

If I had 2 grand, I would buy one instead of a new snapper 21.
  4. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Please talk with your Toro or Exmark dealer for additional information. The Toro model started shipping to dealers this month.

The Toro Company
  5. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

I used a demo unit. I like the size but found it to be too heavy. Rear tires spin when trying to cut low turf. Machine appears to bottom out creating wheel spin. If you have bigger areas it will work but for me its not going to work. :cry:
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Picked up the 30" Turfmaster today. Used it to bag off dormant bermuda all day. I love this mower. Handles like a small 21" but works more like a 32" wb as far as speed.

Im sure I'll discover some cons on this machine, but I think its one great machine. Good job Toro.
  7. higherground

higherground LawnSite Member

Hey - my guys used to bellyache about pushing the small fenced back yards.. picked up a turfmaster this past spring.. they still bellyache but they smile more. I kind of wish for more power in the tall wet grass but otherwise I love the thing. props yall.
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What are you commercial guys experience with the bail being raised from the bottom as opposed to pushed down from the top, allowing the weight of your hand to hold it down?
  9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have had no issues with that. Similar to the 21's Toro puts out. Half way into the season and I am still a fan of these mowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device