new 300 series deere

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcatboy, Apr 25, 2005.

1. bobcatboy

bobcatboy LawnSite Member

have you guy heard anything about the new 300 series from deere.

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

What about them?

3. bobcatboy

bobcatboy LawnSite Member

anything good or bad

4. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

They're more productive than the 200 series, their hystats won't freeze like the 200 series' did, and there are more operator enhancements. Massive axle torque, same rather bland visibility (two huge cab towers are pretty unwieldy, even if the boom arms themselves are low. Improved servicability, Tier-II engines.

In other words, add another manufacturer to your list of compotent skid steer brands. ;)

5. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the Deere 320 and LOVE it! Great machine all around and not as "Tippy" as the Cat I demoed (236B). THe price was very good as well. With the 300 series they came out with a lot of little upgrades that made it a much better machine than the "200" series. Get on on your site and put it through its paces...you won't be dissapointed.

6. KBequip.

KBequip. LawnSite Member

Hi guys,

Yeah we were ready for the new 300 series. The 200 series II were getting reliable after all the bugs were worked out, but the 300's really kick butt!
    we've got better hp and more effiecient engines ,better accessability, better visability than anybody else. We put better switches and gauge cluster in as well plus we ave the new rubber wrap tracks available as well.
    Yeah I sell'em .
    Keith
    Deere Dealer

7. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

You also have CTLs, so how about some information on them? :D

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I didn't find appealing about the Deere skid steers was the price tag! I was quoted $29,000 for a 317! We paid $21,000 for our Cat 216, just a little smaller in capacity/HP, but not worth $8,000 IMO. Also, the Deere controls are far from what I'd expect for an almost $30,000 machine.

9. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Scag, I paid 24k for my 320 (which is a touch larger) with suspension seat, Self leveling bucket, 12v kit, Safety strobe AND side glass windows. As far as the hand controls, I did like the CAT better, but with the way the machines distribute the weight (the CAT puts 70% of the weight in the rear whereas Deere only puts 60% there) I felt that the hand controls being stiffer was better than the machine feeling more "tippy".

29k is a ridiculous price, though.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The Deere control system continues to need work IMHO. I hope for Deere's sake this series will "right the ship" in their skid steer line. They certainly have created an uphill climb for themselves. Time and resale value will tell how successful they have been.