1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New 35D with HPF pro-link thumb

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by minimax, May 25, 2007.

1. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my new machine with steel tracks and a HPF pro-link thumb.

2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

What other kind of machines do you have?
    And what do you plan on using that for?
    Also what kind of attachment is that?
  3. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a sharp looking mini track-hoe
  4. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks GREAT! Very cool, be sure to share more pics at your convenience!

:clapping: :drinkup:

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a brush mower.

This is the first time with the steel tracks right? I bet brushmowing tears the rubber ones to bits.

Nice rig. Should have gotten the orange version though.
  6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Wonder why Deere has gone to Volvo colors ?

Machine looks good thou.
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta love new iron! Lookin' good! What did the thumb set you back, if I might ask? Not sure how long the Cat thumb on our 303 is going to last and I hate the pin grabber coupler. Dad said he wants to replace the buckets, thumb, and coupler at some point. The 24" bucket we have will be toast in another couple hundred hours, 12" bucket is average and the 40" cleanup is in great shape. I think we'll get a whole new front end for the machine and a 24" bucket, cut the lugs off the 40" cleanup we have and have HPF weld new wedge lock lugs onto the 40" C/U and scrap the Cat 12" and 24". We're definately going to be getting a link thumb, non-link thumbs are such a hassle.
  8. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

Been waiting awhile for these pics and must say she looks sweet as they say nothing runs like a Deere.

That mini will go well with your tractor.
  9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the price difference on a Hitachi version versus a Deere? I like this saying also. Sold...Stable...Still John Deere
  10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Minimax......I see a HUGE problem with that machine, and that is simply that it is not in my yard! Thanks for the pics......let us know how the progressive link performs. Since you are cutting brush, check out sealsaver.com. They make cylinder rod covers out of a ballistic material. I just bought some for the dozer rods and stick rods for protection from rock and debris. Had them on for 2 plus months now, and I am most pleased........no more marrs, scratches, dents or dings on my rod!!