New 36 better noise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by branhamt, May 24, 2007.

1. branhamt

branhamt LawnSite Member

Got new mower and love what it does for size and power. Just after a few hours a vibration occurs through out the rpm range and is felt at operator controls. Like I said I am happy with the mower but I think I have a serious problem in the engine. ARGGGGGHHHHH Bop said take it to a a authorized shop. So far no one wants to touch it bad deals in the past with warranty with Kaw. So I will keep you posted. Any other machines have the same problem? My guys ***** about the vibration. Took out of service now. Man I need a engine asap.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Try other shops....But I would keep in contact with BOP and Gary will bend over backwards to make things right ....I would bet my last dollar on this.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of Quick36 owners (including myself) experience vibration in the handles. It's just enough vibration to make your hands "tingle" after a while. Nothing more than that. Is your's worse than that?:confused:

4. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I dont have the KAWI engine, I have the 13hp BRIGS, but I as well do get vibration in the handles, nothing out of control, but enough that it is noticable, espically after mowing for a longer period of time

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ours vibrates like crazy, makes an unnatural sound and is leaking gas from the fuel filter onto the spindles. I love it though. I just dont have time to take it in yet.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Why wouldn't you love it? It vibrates like crazy and leaks gas.:hammerhead:

7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I love ANY mower that gets the job done even when the going gets rough. This powerhouse of a mower takes a beating from me daily and vibrates, and leaks gas yet it begs for more. It is BETTER for a reason :drinkup:

8. branhamt

branhamt LawnSite Member

It sounds like the vibration in handles is common. Hurts hands or numb feeling after a yard or to. I have that and a noise from engine. Maybe these could use a small rubber asborber between engine and frame to eliminate any vibration????

9. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yes, Yes, Yes, but if OSHA does not put a real limit on vibrations, not much will happen, unless we, the consumers, insist on more ergonomics. Europe for example has a much lower vibration allowance, even the residential plastic Hondas had to be upgraded with engine mounts, see pictures. We tried it out, the little rubber mounts make a significant difference.

I just don't get how Stihl for example can engineer rubber mounts that significantly cut down the vibrations on low cost items like blowers and chainsaws, but that big guys mount a huge engine directly to the chassis of a $6k lawnmower, without any shock absorbing engine mounts. I just don't get it, this is poor engineering.

Honda engine mount.jpg

10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

keep in contact with gary.. I can not say enough good things about him and his stafff... he will do anyhting to make you happy.. trust me I know from delaing with him..HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY...rem its a very crazy time of the year for all of us including repair shops.. I know around my area.. unless you got about 4 dixies or big bad mowers they dont wana talk to you .. I see it all the time these big big guys roll in and they take care of them first... be patient .. gary will get it taken care of for you.. ill bet a new 44 on it !!!:walking: