New "36 Encore

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jul 16, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

This week we're going to buy a "36 Hydro Encore walkbehind to replace our "38 JD. Our dealer gave us a quote for $3650. Today while we were mowing, we got a call from our dad who had found one 45 minutes away. It's a "36 Hyrdo Encore, just what we're looking for, and it has only 120 hours on it. These were all put on by a homeowner, so it wasn't out working everyday. What do you guys think about our situation? Which one should we buy? We're driving out tomorrow to look at the used "36. We also are keeping in mind that our dealer is buying our "38 for $500 and is throwing in gator blades on the new "36 if we choose to buy it from them.

2. woodie

woodie LawnSite Member

I think you should get the used 36" and thank your dad for finding it! With the money you saved you can buy jungle wheels. bagger and still have money in your pocket.

3. ikesleeping

ikesleeping LawnSite Member

How much is the used one? Can you sell the 38" for more than or at least $500.00? 120 hours isnt much if it was taken care of. I have a Encore and it works well for me

4. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We bought the used "36 yesterday. It has 112 hours on a 14hp Kawi. It's 3 years old. It was 2400! We saved $1200 by not buying it brand new, and yesterday afternoon we sold the JD "38 to a friend for $700 cash. The dealer would only buy it for $500 if we sold it to them.