1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New 4 mix trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, Feb 4, 2005.

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

Salesman at the local dealer talked me into buying a new trimmer (Stihl 4mix 100rx new model '05).
    I like it because it is lighter and more cc then my current 85rx.
    I started the engine and nosy level is less then 2 cycle engine. Most of all, price was good for more cc. $$277 +tax. :D
    Does anyone have good or bad experiences with 4mix?
  2. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

$277? Have they gone down on the price this year?

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

No, my local dealer had open house sale.
    Regular price was I think $310
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We gave $350 for ours with the bike handles. We have had great luck with our 4 mix. They are very good trimmers and they have a lot of power.
  5. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I worked with a guy that has nothin but 4 mixes, I loved them. They sound like a 4 wheeler. Im going to try to get one this year. Has anyone heard about stihl making a 4 mix back pack blower?
  6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl introduced a line of 4 mix back pack blowers this year as well. I looked at them at our Landscape Show up here. I believe they are supposed to be more powerful then the 420. At $700 canadian a pop I don't know though.
  7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

DAMN thats such a good price. My 4mix 110 was $379 last spring!
  8. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

We have used a Stihl HT101 pole saw with the new 4 mix engine for about one year now. Very quiet engine, no complaints so far.
  9. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

At the landscape show they rep tried to talk me into them as well. I'll take a look at them again in the spring as I will be in need of a couple more trimmers.
  10. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Good trimmer w/great amount of torque.
    I'm sold on them.
    STHIL rep told me be careful about your gas/oil ratios. While the manual states 50 to 1, he feels for performance and engine life, 70 to 1 is ideal.
    I can't remember his reason why, but it made sense at the time....