New 6.2 Ford

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rungreen, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rungreen

rungreen LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a ford with the new 6.2 gas. Do you like it, does have power comparbale to the diesel. Thanks

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Theres a contractor here that just got one, gets about 11 or 12 MPG pulling or just driving in town, he says it will pull trailer & Bobcat, like it's not even there...He said he's quite satisfied with it.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Thinkin about buying one to replace my last remaining diesel....... I am a little skeptical after owning sever ford 5.4's....... I associate gas fords with lack of power now. Guess I will have to test drive one.

4. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I am considering one, and I hear they are good engines that put the 5.4 to shame. If I get in one next week, I will give an opinion... I really want the GM 6.2

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

ive really wanted to test drive one of these. ive heard very good things about them. i have test driven a 6.7 PSD cab & chassis and that was really nice. guys on the forums are getting really good mileage, hand calcd.

6. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

The new 6.2l engine has class leading horsepower and torque.

7. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I know the outgoing 2010 F250 model was rated second from the top on consumer reports WORST VALUE list.

I'm interested in the Ford 6.2 as well. For now, Gm's 6.0L V8 gasser is on the top of my list. The problem is getting one at the dealer to take for a drive!

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I've drove the raptor which uses the 6.2... My lightning can take it any day but the truck has a ton more power than the 4.6 3v I bought...

9. rcslawncare

I went and drove a 2011 6.2 today, extended cab long bed. I wasn't impressed by the way it drove on the throttle. It did fine just putting around, but was disappointed for what I though it was going to be. I want to drive a GM HD with their 6.2 to compare... Then I drove a regular cab long bed 2010 with the 5.4 and it seemed a little more underpowered, but still a decent truck. The rebates are very good on the 2010's, but from the reviews and comments on the 5.4 in a 3/4 ton truck Im going to have to pass unless its almost giving to me. I know its a bigger motor and all, but my 8.1 seems to be the better truck. Might have to go find a low mileage one for another truck as its a good engine.

10. rcslawncare

they want 26k for a 5.4 regular cab long bed 4X4. Said they were gonna have to do much better than that before I thought about considering it. Basic work truck package, tow and plow prep...