New 98 F-150

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by EasylyConfused, Nov 26, 2005.

1. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused LawnSite Member

You may remember the pictures I posted in the spring with my Mini Van and trailer. After a hard years work, it is still running fine. I also made enough to buy myself a nice truck. It's a 1998 F-150 4X4 Off road XL with towing package (Tranny cooler and hitch+wiring). It is almost exactly what I was looking for, something with no toys so I will have fewer problems. It only has 143 000 KM and has never been used for towing anything before. (I had the transmission cooler, hitch and wiring of the break controler done at the dealer for me) and I got it for $10 000 CDN. Unfortunatly it is not going to get much use this winter. If anything I may put a cheap Snowbear plow on there. I looked at Western, Blizzard, and Sno-Way already, (Only Three dealers available in Winnipeg) but the plows are either to heavy for my 3400 lb front axle, or they are ridiculusly small and light! And the snowbear is MUCH cheaper. Since I don't plan on keeping this truck for long, (1-2 years) I don't need a plow that will last forever. I'll save the money and invest it in something that is of better value to me.

Old Tread

2. EasylyConfused

Here is a picture of it. It's dirty I know, but I am really loving the 4x4!!!

100_4559 - 800X600.JPG

3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Snow bear plows are real small and you can angle them though., and one question, Do you know the band Hoist, there from winnipeg.?

4. windshadow

windshadow LawnSite Member

nice truck I got one this summer to mine had 87000 miles on her.I like her just fine and I have been having fun with the 4-wheel drive. I paid 10900.00usd for mine

5. EasylyConfused

I looked up the name and found nothing unfortunatly. I don't think I want to do much plowing. I'm in University so I try to leave lots of time for studying. How can I plow if I have (want) to be in class?

6. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

Awesome truck you got!! I see you have some Bridgestone Duellers those tires will last you awhile. Oh and try to stay warm up there in Canada, lol!!!

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

School comes first!

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats a nice looking truck.:)

9. EasylyConfused

The tires are almost bald (imo) So I'm going to replace them soon, with some BFG All Terrains I think. I like that they are snow rated. Also, the tires currently on the truck are too big, and the spedometer is miss reading. Or so the police officer told me. Apparently I was doing 120, instead of 100km/h. At least I didn't get a ticket! (explains why I've been passing everyone!)

10. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

I would go with choosing BF Goodrich I just bought some 32's for my dodge dakota, I think there one of the best all terrain tire available. THe only thing is there kinda expensive but well worth the money. I'll post some pics for ya if you want?