1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Account - Didn't Even Ask For It

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfmaster90, Apr 27, 2005.

1. turfmaster90

turfmaster90 LawnSite Member

I'm cutting an area for on of my customers and I see a lady across the street make a bee line towards me. I could tell she was MAD! I cut the mower off as she approaches and she asks me If I cut grass?? :rolleyes:

I say yes among other things like landscaping etc. She says we hired this xyz company when our building was finished. The property has not been cut in 2 weeks. I need someone I can depend on. She says can you cut it for the same price as other company because we have already submitted our budget. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking......maybe bid to low by other company is the reason he's not showing up. She says I'll let you see his bid. I'm like OK won't hurt to look.

They want total lawn care, fert,mulch, etc. year round. It will take about 30 minutes to cut it.

They were paying him 400.00 per month. My mouth hit the floor!!!! I'm like YES MAM! I'll take the job. She gave me a two year contract!!

She called the xyz company in front of me and fired them. They said that they had been busy and just forgot to come by but that they were on their way. She told them forget I dont need your services anymore I have someone else!

Man, I must be living right!!!
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds nice.....people don't realize how much they are willing to pay for dependability and good service until they don't have it. Take care of them and you will have a nice paycheck for quite a while.
  3. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats, nice to be in the right place at the right time.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

5. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome!! Congratulations. May we all have good fortune like that.
  6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope that comes my way. :) Btw congrats. :cool2: payup payup payup payup
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget that old saying, "Easy come, easy go". I wonder what else gets her pissed?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Cool ,,,,,
  9. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

payup I agree drsogr,people will pay for dependability and quality work,especially once they realize not everyone can provide it
  10. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

Thats Great, I just wish people were more like that around here. seems like they all settle for 2nd best. Good Work....