New Account: These folks are scary...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, May 25, 2005.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Okay, I get a call the other day from someone who...let's just say...they work in the field of the afterlife. Anyway, I get to the job today to mow and man, you should see the garbage on the lawn. Bottles (glass and plastic) pocket books, old barbie dolls just strewn everywhere. I just can't understand how people can live like this. One of the windows in the house has cardboard taped over it and the broken glass is all over the grass just below it. Looks like it's been there a while too.
    And in the driveway, a brand new SUV.

2. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Hope you charged alot for a clean up OR told them to clean it themselfs

3. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt fool with them at all... figure they will pay the bill?

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

language ...........................

5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be a driveby for me if they requested an estimate or if I quoted on the phone and was geared up to mow it that day. Just keep on going.

6. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

i do these 4 apartment buildings on the same street and kids just dump their bookbags on the lawns and i told the owner of the buildings i will not pick up any garbage besides rocks soo i dont damage my eqipment.. anywyas he just told me to cut the garbage up he didint care..i wasnt gonna complain

7. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

If they don't care, I don't care. I am not a garbage man. I would mow right over anything that would not damage my mower. I do pick up some trash, if I know it was not intentionally left there by residents who obviously couldn't care less. I have one yard I call the "trash yard" and it is always full of garbage, been chopping up trash in that yard since last season. Some people are just slobs. Besides, chopping up Barbie Dolls sounds kind of fun, doesn't it?

8. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

How does the lawn look after your done cutting up all that garbage? :waving:

9. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Well, to be fair, it's not really a lawn, it's more like a weed field, and after I cut it, the garbage is more like, fertilizer for all those weeds! :rolleyes: Seriously, the thing looks like hell before I cut, and it looks like hell afterward. :)

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Some lawns arent worth the time making them look nice. I do one of these dumps too, garbage, bottles and whatnot everywhere. These people do not give a damn either way, Im pretty sure when they are done with a soda can they just throw it out the window :dizzy: