New Accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tknowles, Mar 31, 2006.

1. tknowles

tknowles LawnSite Member

I am just starting out in the business. Any ideas on how to get accounts would be appreciated.

2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

flyers, Flyers, Flyers. And alot of walking.

3. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

Advertise like crazy and dont expect a whole lot out of your first year. Once you build a bit of clientele you'll see that word of mouth is really the best form of advertisement, but it may take a year or two to get going.

4. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah me too, and Ive been doing this 22 years.

5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Look for yards in a target area that need attention and go talk to them. I picked up a national drug store chain with 7 locations because I brought to their attention the fact that there shrubs & landscape beds need some major attention. That was just one of 3 commercial accounts that I picked up this year pointing out what things there other LCO was not performing. You have to go and get it!:usflag:

6. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Flyers, and I posted a flyer w/ rip off tags on the bottom at the local grocery store and have had good response.

7. grassman1

grassman1 LawnSite Member

You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Invest your money in some high quality door hangers. I did this and have gotten 3 "new accounts" from handing out 400 hangers.

8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Word of mouth is working great this year.

9. Kumi

Kumi LawnSite Member

so walk neighbrhoods handing out flyers to people outside?

10. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

No put them on doors too