1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

We just landed our biggest account which is The Gap distribution center in Dutchess County N.Y.We have been working for over a 18 months to get this account.To give an idea of the size of this facility it is the 3rd largest free standing building in the world.It takes up 3 million square feet,and has over 800 trailer doors and there still making it bigger.I have taken alot of knowledge from this forum and it has helped us along in one way or another in securing accounts like this,so thanks everyone for all your ideas and experiences.We now officially do over a million dollars in snow removal,once again a million thanks for all the great ideas taken from this forum. <p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200
  2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats & good luck with the account! I've heard about that building. I also have an aunt & uncle up there in Pleasant Valley and love that area.
  3. BillNero

BillNero LawnSite Member
    from IL

Congraulations - that is quite an accomplishment and I suspect a little scary at the same time!<p>I also find it a testiment to the forum as well - a sharing of ideas. Would you share any of the process you went through and what your criteria was for pricing a job that big?<p>I was once told that the &quot;Mall of America&quot; uses over 100 pieces of equipment to keep their lot clean.<p>Good Luck!<p>Bill Nero<p>----------<br>Bill Nero<br>CPW
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Congratulations John,I go by that huge building and I cant imagine how much equipment it will take to do that job,you are the man!How many trucks will you be leaving there?Loaders etc?Do you have adequete equipment to handle a blizzard?Once a gain congratulations to you,I was hoping you got that one.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  5. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Congrants,<p>Thought i added a big account, but its peanuts compared to that. Well then again no industry in maine.<p>Geoff
  6. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the replys.To answer your question John there will be 5 loaders,24ft pusher boxes 2 pull plows and 2 sanders.Dosent sound like much but that equipment combined with a 3500 gallon liquid Magic tanker truck will keep Mother Nature at bay.<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200
  7. Diceman

Diceman LawnSite Member

Way to go Johnny P! Give me a call when you find a chance.<p>Brian<p>----------<br>Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>http://www.sima.org