New Add

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TazLandscapes, Feb 29, 2008.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

i am getting ready to put my add in the local papers for the season and wanted to know if i should change anything up.

-Taz Lawncare is Accepting Clients for the 2008Lawncare&Landscapingseason
    services-Mowing,Mulching,plantings,spring and fall cleanups,hedge trimming and Sodding.free estimates Commercial/residential,Homeowners association.
    #xxxxxxx.

What do you think about it.i have time to go over it and redo it before i put it in about two weeks.

Thanks
    Mike

2. TazLandscapes

I also forgot to add that i am going to place the names of the towns that i service which is about 7 and i am waiting on getting a rototiller but should i add that now or should i wait until i atleast get one just to be on the safe side.i also have done brushhogging before with a billygoat walkbehind and i was thinking of adding that to my services.

Mike

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Rather that list every service you can do, perhaps say something to the effect that you are "able to handle all your lanscape needs, professionally, courteously, and reasonably priced as well"

When you are asked to do a job that requires tilling. Go shopping first :)

Disclaimer: My advertising knack is very limitted. Advertising is a consensus sort of activity anyways, so bounce ideas off of as many people as you can.

4. TazLandscapes

Smallaxe- I might try that line and see how my old man likes it.Also what do you mean by shop around on the rototilling.I am open to any and all suggestions before i put the add in about two weeks.

Thanks
    Mike

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Can't hurt. :)

I was referencing - your wondering as to whether to buy a tiller now or wait. I try to wait until I get a job that will pay for a piece of equipment before I buy.

6. TazLandscapes

What does everyone think of this add i revised it a little bit.

-Taz Lawncare & Landscaping can handle all of your Lawn & Landscape need Also doing Storm Cleanups.Now booking for Spring cleanups and mulching.Areas Served, Portland,SouthPortland,westbrook,gorham,windham,scarborough,Cumberland and falmouth.Residential/Commercial.Homeowners Association free estimates.So Dont wait call Now.

I have been tweaking this all day so i am hoping it appeals more to the customer.

Mike

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What makes a customer want to call you over the other ads in paper?
    What grabs out at the customer making them dial your digits? Nothing.
    It's bland, and listing all the areas you service like that is a waste of lines.
    Dare to be extroidinary, not ordinary. You need to come up with something more appealing as i'm assuming there are going to be 15+ ads just like yours. Be different.

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

heres a flier we are putting out, hopefully this will give you some insight to what a professional appearance and advertising looks like. i will post my yellow page ad when i can find it for u.

Eagle landscape flyer.jpg

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Looks real nice John.

10. TazLandscapes

1MajorTom.So what you are saying is i should get rid off this line.
    Areas Served, Portland,SouthPortland,westbrook,gorham,windham,scarborough,Cumberland and falmouth,So Dont wait call Now.
    The paper that this is going in is just a black and white add.They dont do any color adds.I am trying to do up an add for the yellow pages.but i am having some difficulty with it.I have about 3 weeks before i put my add in the paper.this add is just for the spring time.The one i am trying to put in the yellow pages.Like all the rest i was going to put the areas i service and the services i offer..I am open to all suggestions..

Thanks
    Mike