New addition......4500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by tthomass, Apr 2, 2008.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Latest addition to the fleet. Looks like I'm saying good bye to my white Chevy for a more useful truck.

4500.jpg

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

So, This new addition is replacing the 2500HD and I'm presuming that it's going to get a switch & go as well? I can't wait to see this one all decked out, good luck with it!

3. tthomass

from N. VA

I am unsure on the SNG. I may just do an aluminum dump for $6k vs slightly more than double that for a SNG + 1 body.

The GVW does not allow me to haul the Bobcat on this truck...no big deal. I have 9,500 lbs to work with but from that I have to deduct the system that is around 2,100 lbs. Bobcat comes in at 7,800 lbs. Unless I do an aluminum body to just a flatbed I may save enough weight to haul it.........does not include any tools or the underbody boxes so yeah, Bobcat is a no.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what engine does it have?

5. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Wow, did they teach you how to grow money trees at VT or what???? You sure are buying some nice trucks. You dont seem like the kinda guy that would buy somthing unless it was needed so Im sure biz must be going well. Keep up the good work, everything looks good.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

wow! thts one hell of a truck!

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Its got the DMAX in it...........for $15,000 I can't say no. Here is how I see it:

Ok, I've got the '02 2500HD and love the truck. All I've done to it is a new starter......its got new BFG AT tires. Has a 6.0L and 4.10 rear and I pull a 10' 10,000lb dump trailer with it. Truck is VERY sound, VERY solid. I'm doing more and more work in DC which = no International.

Now, I'm looking at $4,000 to setup my '02 the way I want it and the truck is worth $12-13,000.

This 4500 has 78,000 miles on it and coming in around $15,000 as seen. Aluminum dump and I'm looking at $21,000 in this truck + boxes etc I'm at $23,000.

Look at the pay load difference in the 2500 and 4500. Not to mention the bed space without the need of a trailer, but I could if needed.

I'm looking into a business venture and will hold on to the 2500 for a little while. If that venture doesn't pan out I'll sell it and in that sense, I'm paying $5-$6,000 to swap out the 2500 for the 4500.........can't tell me that doesn't make sense seeing the difference in the two trucks.

Its already blue, I doubt I paint it. Not the same blue exactly but close. Put a 24"x24"x6' box on each side, as is the International, and I've got lots of hauling space.

I'll think about a SNG but I'm not sure at this point. First, buy the truck, second, figure out how exactly I'll set it up. I need the truck ASAP though based on the jobs I have coming up in DC. That small difference between the cost of the two is nothing and will recover that quickly.

Also, I'll put a plow on it and look into a V box too.

Also # 2......the cost of diesel vs gas vs the mileage difference between the 2500 and 4500......I don't know, the same if not cheaper to run the 4500. The 2500 gets 8mpg towing and 11 running around.......that truck has to get just a little better.

8. tthomass

from N. VA

Oh yeah, I would guess I could get $2,000 for that welder body on it.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

Also has new rear tires and brakes were done recently.

10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

That's a fantastic price. Congratulations and best of luck with it.