New addition to the fleet

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Mar 10, 2003.

1. This truck is going to get a 10-11' stake bed dump, central hydraulics, blizzard plow, and a 6 yrd SS v-box spreader.

When not in winter dress, it's going to pull a skid steer.

new truck 1 resized.jpg

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I should of known that you were the snowgodfather at plowsite

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a mean rig. My friend is a Diesel Mechanic and he loves the International trucks.

4. Wow very nice truck. Not bad for a poor ole boy from the show me state

5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

LGF, nice. I'm in bad need of a truck just like that with the dump bed. Its in the plan for next year (March 2004). Just bought new tractor and trailer last week. It's one step at a time for me.

later

6. I priced a new 10'6" bed today cause the bed I have won't do well with a hoist.

So anyone know where I can find a stake bed, wood or steel top, that accepts a hoist let me know.

I thought $2485 was really steep for just a bed.

new truck 2 resized.jpg

7. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

Huh I think that I would put a 5 yard box on. Then for the winter just run a tailgate spreader. Much cheaper. 10ft. Blade. But, if the laws read like they read in my state you have to have a wide permit for a 10ft plow. Look into double hudralics (one on each side of bed) Less likely to twist a frame. Better for drivign around and spreading. Isuzus that size run 3500 for a used truck cab and chassis.

8. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

SWEET, I am looking for a truck or two just like that for this year also. Although I don't know if I will end up w/ a Lopro model but have been looking. A place I have found a good deal on dump beds was Davis Dump Bodies in Arkansas one for a truck like that I think was around 4500 but under 5000. I do have more info but not in front of me. Let us know whats in it DT444E or DT466, auto Allison or std. You can email me if you would like.

9. '91 IHC 4700 Lo-Pro DT466 7spd A/C 25,550 gvw.

I don't want a permanent side body, then I can't set pallets from the side. Contractors dumps are out to. I have my reasons and been over all types. Plus with running salt in a mild steel bed will rust it out pretty fast, so the tail gate spreader is out also.

The hoist most likely will be a scissor hoist.

TJG email me please.

10. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you going to put on the Blizzard 8611 municipal plow? Or the 810? They look like nice plows and I would consider one if I had a dealer nearby. I have yet to see one in person. Let us know how it turns out.

BTW Nice truck.

Ryan