new aeration machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Sep 22, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Here it is, the new set up

photos 208.jpg

2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

That looks nice. I've never used a 3-point hitch setup. What are the advantages/disadvantages? Can you make turns whike aerating? Are you still using your other rig or is that the same aerator configured for 3-point? Alot of money being left on the table here while I look for the ideal setup. First year I haven't seen hardly any aeration advertising around me. Maybe the lowballers found out it was too much work for the pitance they were charging. I want to have a solution by next season.

3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

James,
    Thats i's a real nice set up, should bang out big time thru the fall with that. I had a three point hitch set up but went back to the tow behind becuase of the ability of turning easier. Either way, with the small tractor they're a great money maker! I got a plugr walk behind for small yards for this year, man does it do an excellent job, even with hard ground it runs like a babboon in heat, plus it manuevers(sp) nice.

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We have a couple of different aerator setups. We have a front mount one for the Steiner 4x4, a pull behind with hydraulic lift for it and a 3 point hitch one for our Ford 1520 compact tractor.

aerator2.jpg

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

James, you mind me asking what that tractor set you back? It looks smaller than most tractors...just what I need!

7. James Cormier

from Ma

This tractor cost 14k, with a 54" deck, front loader, Cat 1 3 point hitch. This machine works awesome on most lawns for core aerations. .

The aerator is the same one most have you seen that I pull with a wright stander. There is just 2 bolts and one bar to remove and the 3 point hitch pins are all ready on the aerator.

I can turn with the aerator down, however its wide turns, I just did 6 soccer fields and never raised the tines. Because its Hydro, ( push forward on pedal to go forward and back to back up ) its so easy to raise turn and drop.

I carry the bar with me so its very easy to switch to a pull behind.

I plan on getting a small vicon hopper, this will make my large properties some what easier to do, then the PG.

I also have a large lawn, and many maple trees so I needed to get something better to do my mowing. Thats how I explained it to my wife :)

8. James Cormier

from Ma

BTW, that is the smallest tractor you can get with a 3 point hitch and rear pto.

9. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet. I didn't know Kubota had a 3-pt hitch tractor that small. Perfect for bigger lawns & athletic fields.

10. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

And if one were to put a canvas drap a few inches wider than the aerator and around the rear of the spreader there sould be no seed in shrub and flower beds.

What model Kubota?