New aeration signs I ordered

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grandview (2006), Aug 17, 2012.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Just came in today. End of the month I'll be putting a bunch of them up at the ends of subdivisions.100 of them for just over 3 bucks each. 18x24 double sided.

lawn aeration sign.jpg

2. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

looks great, hope you get tons of business from them.

i thought about doing that, i had put out a bunch long time ago when i was doing maintenance, but they all got taken down pretty quick. not sure about the laws here where i live. i am thinking of getting a few to put out to see what happens, at worst the county will call and tell me not to do it.. but everybody else does it..

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

looks good

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Now go one step further. Make up some small booklets on Lawn Aeration. You can copy ours called "Why Aerate My Lawn". When you finish the lawn pull some extra plugs with your soil probe / sampler. Put the booklet and plugs in plastic bags with a note something like. Hi My Name is Turfco Bob and I will aerate your lawn for (put price here) and hang it on the door knobs of the neighbors...It really works.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Fancy.....

7. grandview (2006)

In your honor of the nice post,I'll put them up driving around in my Dodge caravan.:cool2:

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol stow and go baby

9. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

May I suggest going with a long lasting size & shape next time? 8" wide x 36" tall & have your info run top to bottom. Telephone pole colored background & they look like they are supposed to be there. They will stay put for a long time & wont blow in half either. Otherwise I've hung over 350 of the ones like u have & many are long time now gone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. grandview (2006)

These are going to be staked in the ground for only about a month ,any left will be brought home till spring.