New Aerators at Expo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Jul 24, 2001.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to purchase a aerator. I have narrowed my choices down to the Ryan Lawnaire 28 or the Classen Split Drive. Did anyone see any aerators at the show I should check out before I buy?

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i own a classen split dr. and love it. also have a lesco 26" or so and you can not compair ... i like to get one more split drive.
    ant

3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Brians,
    You really missed the boat this year if you wanted to find out the best aerator for yourself. If you went to the Louisville expo, you could have tried almost every aerator on the market, and experienced each yourself. When I wanted an aerator, that is just what I did. Also hit 2-3 state trade shows and tried aerators there. You will find machines you never hear of in your locality. Closest dealer back then on one of the machines I liked was 90 miles away, and he came here to demo the machine for a couple of us on our properties.

And when I wanted to find a really good string trimmer (and one that a 6 footer can hold comfortably without stooping), I went to the expo and picked up and held every brand (except Echo, they were too good for the expo then - think they have a distributor there now). Never would have know about Shindiawa if I hadn't done to the show, they were just getting a good start then. Their T-20 (now T-230) blew away every other model.

Help yourself, expand your horizons, and go to some of the trade events. You'll be able to pick just the machine to suit yourself, and often learn a little, or a lot, from the factory reps and from your peers. Trade talk is much more open at state and national events, than on the local scene, where your peers are also your competitors.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

As far as aeraters i thought the plugr model was the best. They turn real easy and have the lift handel for sprinkler heads and sidewalks and they 50% fewer moving parts as the others. You were talking about Shindaiwa trimmers i never saw their booth and they were not listed in the program. I just purchased the t=260 yesterday and i love it. Marks Mowing Service