New Aluminum Dump Insert!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 4, 2007.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I got my new dump insert today, finally. It is a DownEaster Aluminum Dump insert with the double acting pump, Head Board and Tarp System. It is awesome. I cant wait to use it!

Any comments?

DSCN0971800.jpg

DSCN0972800.jpg

DSCN0973800.jpg

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

nice. im looking into getting one for my truck.

3. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good!
    What kind of capacity does something like that have?

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

It will hold 6 Yards of Mulch with my 4ft sideboards, however I think I would be overloaded, so I will most likely only haul 4 yards at a time. I am mostly using this truck for grass clippings and delivering sod.

5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Was that brand cheaper than a Truckcraft aluminum insert? Just curious.

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

no. it was OVER $5,000. IMO this brand is the mercades of dump inserts.

It has a double acting pump, which means power up and power down, most have gravitiy down which causes many problems and takes forever, this is also welded better all the way down the sides, ahs a tarp kit and headboard.

7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Looks great. A dump insert is on my list when I get a truck later this year.

8. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

That is pretty sweet looking. How much does 4 yds of mulch weigh? And is that a 2500 or 3500 single wheel?

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking insert. It's nice that the lighter weight gives you more payload. Your comment about the double acting pump- a gravity down system should not cause any problems if it's designed correctly. My Maxidump comes down just as fast as it goes up- about 15 seconds. Nothing wrong with power down, it's just unnecessary. Most commercial dump trucks don't have power down.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Ive heard of alot of people not getting their to come down and having to pull down on the sides. Plus for salting the double acting pump is nice.

I dont want to start a debate on which insert is better over others. I think if people would just do their research they would find out for them selves.