1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new and had a few questions

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jman00, Oct 24, 2001.

1. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

hi am new to this forum and had a few questions.

1. What is double blades, i am smart enough to figure out that it is doubling up two blades on one spindle but, what is the advantages, and what type of blades should be used. I currently have gator blades that have a half inch drop on them to help cut the taller grass.

2. I saw on an earlier thread that there is plans for the ECS handle to be made into a kit for the metro hp which i have, is that any further along and if not any time on that.

and this is just a comment for the guys who have trouble taking off blades. Just bite the bullet and buy an impact wrench and youwill not have to use some combination of wrenches or worry about loosening up the spindles. it takes about 3 sec. per blade if that and i think it is worth every penny.

i look forward to any help and talking with you guys in the furture.

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

A search "doubles" would give you lots of previous discussion, here is my summary: most doubles guys use gators on top (chops up the clippings or leaves better) and solid foil on bottom (provides better air flow for lift) - of course, the goal is to cut faster and cleaner, with smaller clippings or leaves and no leftover stems. I believe results vary according to the air flow characteristics of your particular deck - I tried the combination doubles on my Toro "SFS" deck this week for the first time and it still discharges leaves not as finely chopped as I would like - some guys do use double gators, which I may try next.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

We won't have an ECS handle kit for the Metro HP, but that doesn't mean that you can't put one on. Look at your parts manual and order from your dealer what you need. The new handle and drive lever rods is most of it.

We only made kits for what we thought would be high volume items. I can help you though the conversion if you really want to do it, just drop me a line. Fred.Fugett@exmark.com

Thanks, Fred.