new and improved leaf machine

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scaglawnsnj, Dec 26, 2007.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

There has to be a way to get that cost down. 9K is alot of money. Sweet set-up though. Good Luck

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Did you use it much this fall/winter? Any issues with the hose clogging?

3. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

no major issues yet.
    the hose clogs all the time. with wet grimmy stuff.
    I was going to have a welder build a barn door set up with the billy goat in the rear. but that would cost a lot more than i wanted.

every now and then the trailer will get stuck in the dump position, because there is to much weight to the rear. so it will almost dig in the ground. like today this happen and then i was stuck in a mud hole.. dammn that sucks

4. scaglawnsnj

from nj

i use it every day for leaf season, witch is still in full swing. thank you jesus...

5. scaglawnsnj

from nj

i though the same thing. 10 more payments and i own it.
    i got this to avoid paying for another vehicle and insurance. so the 9k reallly isn't that bad in the long run.
    plus i can use this year round.....for mulch and material. debress and leaves.
    i put pallets of block in it. piss in it.
    its a great investment...campared to the 29,000 dollar truck i wanted.

6. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I agree. I did a job last summer I could have used one of those for. I removed about 15 shrubbs and cut down about 4 trees around 15 feet tall. About 3 or four 4 trips to the dump where I had to unload by hand.:cry: I may pick one up in the future.

7. scaglawnsnj

from nj

If anybodies interested i might sell it. make an offer

8. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

This is exactly what I have been searching this site for! Im wanting to build the same thing with a 12' or 14' trailer. Why are you wanting to get rid of it already?

9. New Heights

New Heights LawnSite Member

This is the first time im looking at this and I had a little sticker shock but realised that its not really a bad price or idea. If you think about it what dose a new dump cost 35k holds a load of 2k regristration and insurance costs are quite pricy? Then there is the trailer costs 5-6k. Can hold a load around 8k, uset as a dump or a equipment trailer, cheap reg and insurance. I wish i put a little more thought into my dump and trailers when I brought them..

10. scaglawnsnj

from nj

dammn that thing is the s*it.