new and improved leaf machine

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scaglawnsnj, Dec 26, 2007.

1. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

Looks good. Good luck with it.

2. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

still kicking!!!!!!!!

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats good!..Nice Rig!!

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

nice setup

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Nice rig! May i ask, how did you secure the leaf vac to the side of the trailer like you did, i know those things are heavy. Also, is that a 16 or 18 horse vac?

thanks!!
    -mike-

6. scaglawnsnj

from nj

Thank You for the great comments. I build a box every yr. and remove the goat. The goat in front is seated on a frame behind the ply wood. Its it bolted the trailer wall. Never had a problem with it. With the vac facing the front is when the hose cloges. you need the pull the hose straight, scraping the side on the truck sometimes. Another fella built a similar set up. I have to copy his goat mount. Great idea...He has his vac facing the right side, perfect. I really dont know why I didn't do that.
    The goat is 16hp you want to buy it..?

7. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

You selling the billy goat? Why, dont you need it for this super amazing leaf machine of yours :). how much???

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If you were closer i probably would consider it! I just can't really make any distance trips right now :-/ Thank you for getting back to me on how you mounted that, i never would have realized about mounting the vac to the side instead of straight towards the front! Thank you for the heads up! I really wish you lived closer, your setup is awesome!

-mike-

9. scaglawnsnj

from nj

I wouldn't consider it amazing, but universal. I really don't want to sell the goat. I had a new motor installed a couple yrs. ago. All the money on parts and hoses and engine. I could have bought a new one. If you want to buy though, make an offer I cant refuse.

10. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

sorry for a dumb question, but i was wondering the same thing. you said the goat is seated on a frame behind the plywood, but it looks like the majority of the machine is outside the plywood. am i missing something?