New applicator in Georgia, price?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFREAMGREEN, Jan 29, 2013.

DFREAMGREEN LawnSite Member

New in the business and trying to figure out a pricing scale, looking for a little advice. I would like to be completive but the last thing I want to do is step on good people’s toes. I was thinking about 6.50 per 1000 sqft I don’t want to be high or low ball anybody else can anybody tell me if this is high or low
  2. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

You need to figure out your cost per k. Mine on a 7 step program is averaging 1.15 per k per application. No one should be able to answer this question but you. We try to go no lower than 4.5 per k on bigger properties and no less than 7 on smaller for basic fert and squirt.
  3. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

$7/K on top of your tailgate drop fee? No way you're charging just $21 per app on a 3k lawn?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

Notice I said averaging. We do have a minimum stop of 45.00 and that covers up to 3k feet. That is a program price for fert and squirt, we charge more if its a one time stop.

I lied about averaging a 1.15 perk, I went back and looked at my spread sheets and Im averaging 1.33 per k for raw cost of material.