1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Approach and New Application

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Team-Green L&L, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

This may sound ********, and really is, but it is happening. One of our largest landscaping firms has sold municipalities on the idea that a landscaped exit ramp draws more traffic to the retail areas because it appears to be a nicer neighborhood. The thinking is right and they have sold $4 million worth of unusable landscapes that include stamped crete, ornamental trees and grasses, and even garden areas off the exit ramps in our city. I missed the boat on this one, but someone in another area may be able to benefit from this new fad.

2. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have not seen any of it around here yet, but as odd as it sounds i guess it does make sense.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

bump...bump...

4. green horizons

green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5

I've been to places that landscape those types of areas and I think it does look much nicer than the standard municiple work. But wouldn't maintenance of the area (and the cost associated with it) be prohibitive? I don't think the average city worker has the expertise or desire to maintain these areas. I love the idea, and I hate to miss out on $4 mil., but I can't imagine making the sell, so to speak.