1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Approach and New Application

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Team-Green L&L, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

This may sound ********, and really is, but it is happening. One of our largest landscaping firms has sold municipalities on the idea that a landscaped exit ramp draws more traffic to the retail areas because it appears to be a nicer neighborhood. The thinking is right and they have sold $4 million worth of unusable landscapes that include stamped crete, ornamental trees and grasses, and even garden areas off the exit ramps in our city. I missed the boat on this one, but someone in another area may be able to benefit from this new fad.
  2. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have not seen any of it around here yet, but as odd as it sounds i guess it does make sense.
  3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

4. green horizons

green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5

I've been to places that landscape those types of areas and I think it does look much nicer than the standard municiple work. But wouldn't maintenance of the area (and the cost associated with it) be prohibitive? I don't think the average city worker has the expertise or desire to maintain these areas. I love the idea, and I hate to miss out on $4 mil., but I can't imagine making the sell, so to speak.